Fee changes in the ILPTO
The Israeli Patent and Trademark Office issued some changes beginning of January 01, 2013 to their Patent and Trademark fees.
Changes and new additions to the Israeli Patent Office Official Fees
- Filing fee: 2,000NIS / $540
- Time extension fee: 200NIS / $54
- Renewal fee (1-6 years): 800NIS / $216
- Renewal fee (7-10 years): 1,600NIS / $432
- Renewal fee (11-14 years): 2,400NIS / $648
- Renewal fee (15-18 years): 4,000NIS / $1,081
- Renewal fee (19-20 years): 5,600NIS / $1,513
- Payment in advance for the entire 20 years: 12,000NIS / $3,075
- Opposition fee: 2,000NIS / $54
- Grant fee (new): 700NIS / $189
- Excess page fee (new): 250NIS / $68
- This fee is for every 50 pages after the initial 100, not including the Sequence Listing.
- 40% discount for filing fees and grant fees will be offered to individuals or companies that have an annual turnover of up to 10 millionNISin the past year, given that the patent application filed was the first for the invention. A declaration outlining annual turnover will be required in order to apply for this discount.
Changes in the Israeli Trademark Office Official Fees
- Filing fee in first class: 1,593NIS / $425
- Filing fee in each additional class: 1,196NIS / $319
- Filing for expedited examination: 747NIS / $199
- Extension of time fee by one month: 73NIS / $19
- Renewal fee (10 years in first class): 2,838NIS / $757
- Renewal fee (10 years in additional class): 2,396NIS / $639
- Record of assignment/change of name: 312NIS / $83
- Opposition fee: 802NIS/ $214
*Current exchange rate: $1 = 3.7NIS
Due to the difference in rate of exchange between the US dollar and the New Israel Shekel, the fees indicated above are subject to change.
**From January 1, 2013 on, it will be possible to pay the renewal fees up to 3 months in advance, as opposed to the 30 period which is currently in effect.